A Message from the Mayor
Published: November 29, 2020, 9:58 am
In light of the number of confirmed new cases of COVID-19 in the province recently, including in the Western Zone, we must remember how critical it is that we all adhere to Public Health guidelines, remain calm, and work together to keep each other safe.
Nova Scotia is still in a state of emergency. Wear a mask where required, maintain a 6-foot distance from other people, sanitize your hands frequently, and adhere to gathering limits.
The province has also asked Nova Scotians to avoid non-essential travel in and out of western and central HRM until midnight Dec. 9, with a possibility of extension.
Read more ...
Lighting of the Trees ONLINE
Published: November 27, 2020, 5:00 pm
The annual Lighting of the Trees for 2020's Yuletide season takes place on Saturday, November 28th. As with most events due to the pandemic, we ask that you watch online.
You can watch on our YouTube channel at 7:00 p.m. Enjoy the light.
Volunteer Opportunity: Town Crier
Published: November 26, 2020, 3:15 pm
The Town of Lunenburg requests applications from interested citizens to serve as Town Crier.
Our previous Town Crier, John McGee, has retired from the role. John contributed a great deal of personality and flair to Town events over his tenure and will be missed.
The Town Crier is a ceremonial role for making public announcements at Town special events. A strong voice is essential. Ability to write announcements is considered an asset.
Town Council Meeting - November 24, 2020
Published: November 20, 2020, 5:36 pm
The Council Meeting Minutes for Tuesday, November 24, 2020 are available on the Town website here: http://bit.ly/2tN7bob
The YouTube Live video archive of the meeting can be found here: https://bit.ly/2UN0woH
Thank you to all who attended/viewed.
Light Up Lunenburg!
Published: November 19, 2020, 12:37 pm
A Holiday Decorating Contest November 19th - December 13th
Hosted by the Town of Lunenburg, Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, and the Lunenburg Board of Trade
Help bring back some holiday cheer into the upcoming season by decorating your home or business – the brighter the better!
- Great prizes available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in either the Residential category or the Business Category.
- 1st place in the Business category can even win a beautiful engraved trophy from Demone Monuments to display.
Read more ...
Notice: Fall Leaf Collection Program
Published: October 30, 2020, 5:00 pm
The Town of Lunenburg is pleased to offer the following leaf collection opportunities to assist residents with their fall leaf clean-up:
- Leaves and brush can be delivered to the Town’s Starr Street compost site on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you use bags, they must be paper.
- Leaves can be placed in your compostainer or paper bags for pick-up on scheduled “green week” collection days.
- An additional Special Leaf Collection is scheduled for Friday, November 20. Leaves must be placed in your compostainer or paper bags.
- The Public Works Department will also do a one-time leaf collection on every Town street – making one pass only as follows:
- New Town - Crews will begin pickup in your area on Thursday, November 12 (weather permitting). This will take approximately two weeks to complete. They will make a single pass down your street, so please ensure leaves are out by November 12.
- Old Town - Crews will begin pickup in your area on Thursday, November 26 (weather permitting). This will take approximately two weeks to complete. They will make a single pass down your street, so please ensure leaves are out by November 26.
Please do not rake leaves into gutters, ditches, or the street – these can clog storm drains and cause flooding and slippery road conditions.
Residents are also reminded that leaves can be mulched with a lawnmower mulching blade at the end of the mowing season. This saves you time, and helps the environment by returning nutrients contained in the leaves directly into your lawn!
Please contact the Public Works Department at 902-634-8992 if you require further information.