TOWN OF LUNENBURG
FINANCE OFFICER - ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
The Town of Lunenburg welcomes applications for the position of Finance Officer – Accounts Receivable.
As the Accounts Receivable Officer, you will be responsible for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of water and electric utility accounts receivable records, billing distributions and the collection of same. This position will also back up the property and sewer accounts receivable functions. You must have excellent computer skills, communication and interpersonal skills and previous experience in billings and collections. Formal bookkeeping training and previous experience in a municipal environment would be considered an asset.
MUNICIPALITY OF THE DISTRICT OF LUNENBURG (MODL)
REGIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR (REMC)
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is accepting applications from qualified applicants for the vacant position of Regional Emergency Management Co-ordinator (REMC).
The REMC is the lead staff person for the Regional Emergency Management Organization serving all five municipal units in Lunenburg County. The REMC leads initiatives to promote and enhance community resiliency in Lunenburg County and is also responsible for the activation and management of the Emergency Operations Centre in the event of an emergency. The REMC provides expert advice and direction to Assistant Emergency Coordinators from each municipal unit, CAOs, and elected officials on all matters relating to Emergency Management.
- Minimum Qualifications include:
- An Advanced Diploma in Emergency Management; and
- ICS-300 certification, or ability to obtain certification within one (1) year;
- Three years experience in emergency management/community resiliency field; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills which enables clear and effective communications with a diverse group of stakeholders, including while under pressured or emergency situations;
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders including First Responders and other key stakeholders;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Strong computer skills including email, word processing and spreadsheet software;
- Familiarity with communication technologies (e.g. satellite technology, TMR/VHF/ Digital VHF radio Systems);
- A valid class 5 Nova Scotia driver’s license.
View the full job description at www.modl.ca
This is a permanent, full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. MODL offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume in confidence by June 3, 2019 to:
While your interest in working for the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.