Fall Leaf Collection Program
The Town of Lunenburg is pleased to offer the following leaf collection opportunities to assist residents with their fall leaf clean-up:
- Leaves and brush can be delivered to the Town’s Starr Street compost site on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. until November 30. If you use bags, paper is preferred.
- Leaves can be placed in your compost cart or paper bags for pick-up on scheduled “green week” compost collection days.
- An additional curbside leaf collection is scheduled for Friday, November 15. Leaves must be placed in your compost cart or paper bags.
The Town of Lunenburg Public Works Department will also do a one-time leaf collection on every Town street making one pass only as follows:
- “New Town” (west of ESSO gas station) Tuesday, November 12: Crews will start leaf pick-up in your area on the Tuesday, November 12, weather permitting. This will take approximately 2 weeks to complete. They will make a single pass down your street so please ensure leaves are out by November 12.
- “Old Town” (east of ESSO) Monday, November 25: Crews will start leaf pick-up in your area on the Monday, November 25, weather permitting. This will take approximately 2 weeks to complete. They will make a single pass down your street so please ensure leaves are out by November 25.
Please do not rake leaves into gutters, ditches or the street to prevent storm drains from clogging causing flooding and slippery road conditions.
Residents are also reminded that leaves can be mulched with a lawnmower mulching blade at the end of the mowing season. This saves you time and helps the environment by returning nutrients contained in the mulched leaves directly into your lawn!
Please contact the Public Works Department at 902-634-8992 if you require further information.