A live forum designed to help townspeople "meet their candidates" for Town Council and Mayor of Lunenburg in the upcoming election.
COVID 19 guidelines will be followed. Please pay close attention to the event rules.
- All attendees will be required to register at the door and provide a contact phone number for COVID 19 traceability. If maximum capacity is reached (100 people with COVID guidelines in place) we will be required to close the doors and deny entry.
- Attendees may only arrive in groups of two people maximum. Chairs will be placed at appropriate distances within the community centre and we ask that they not be moved and that people not congregate either before or after the event. A hand sanitization station will be set up at the door.
- Masks will be required while indoors at all times. Candidates may remove their mask while speaking at the mic but will be asked not to touch the microphone.
- There will be no questions from the floor during the event. Questions will be taken from the public prior to the event and weighted. The top 2 - 5 most popular questions (per race) will be asked. Candidates will not be given the questions beforehand. Any questions not answered will be forwarded to the candidates after the event and any responses will be made public.
- Please note: This is not a debate, it is a simple “Meet the Candidates” forum. Candidates will be given a short introduction window and then a few questions to answer.
- After the event is over we ask that people vacate in an orderly and socially distanced fashion.