Lunenburg 2017 Special Election
Revisions to Preliminary List of Electors
Nominations Open Municipal Council Special Election
ELECTION WORKERS SOUGHT
A Special Election to fill one vacancy on the Town of Lunenburg Council will be held on Saturday July 29, 2017.
There will be an Advance Poll on :
- Thursday, July 20, 2017; and
- Tuesday July 25, 2017.
Five Deputy Returning Officers (DRO) and five Poll Clerks are required for four regular Polls and one mobile Poll on Election Day. A separate DRO and Poll Clerk are required for Advance Polls.
- is in charge of a particular polling station on election day
- has the custody of the voting materials and is responsible for setting up the poll prior to the beginning of voting on election day
- is responsible for closing the polling station and for counting the ballots
- reports the results to the returning officer
- ensures the safe return of the voting materials to returning officer when the court of ballots is finished
The Poll Clerk
- keeps a written record of the voting at the polling station by making the appropriate entries in the poll book and crossing names of voters off the list of electors
- must be able to assume the role of the DRO should that person not be able to either assume or continue his/her duties
Remuneration for these positions has been set by the Council of the Town of Lunenburg.
Previous election experience, although not necessary, would be an asset.
All those who are interested in applying for the position of DRO or Poll Clerk may submit an application to:
Patrick A. Burke, Q.C.
c/o Burke, Macdonald & Luczak
28 King Street
P.O. Box 549
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Phone: 902-634-8354/Fax: 902-634-4226
Town of Lunenburg Returning Officer
Click here for Application Forms or visit the office of the returning Officer.