Lunenburg Harbour Port Information & Tall Ships
For centuries Lunenburg's affinity with the sea has shaped her destiny. During the era of wooden ships and iron men, an enviable seafaring and shipbuilding reputation was wrought.
Canada's most famous tall ship, Bluenose, was a classic tribute to Lunenburg's shipbuilding expertise. Bluenose II, a replica of the original, is Nova Scotia's "Ambassador of Goodwill" and delights thousands as she majestically sails the Atlantic. Visit Bluenose II at her home port of Lunenburg, or check to see if the world-voyaging barque Picton Castle, which was rebuilt in Lunenburg, is at her dock. Another replica built in Lunenburg is the Rose, which recently appeared in the hit film Master and Commander. Also, check links from visiting tall ships and other boats in port.
The Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic on Lunenburg's waterfront has a tall ship that visitors can board — the Salt Banker Theresa E. Connor. The HMS Bounty replica was constructed here and often visited.
Lunenburg Harbour Port Information
July 2018 Boater Services – Waterfront Development Corporation Update…
- Zwicker Wharf Two accessible washrooms - FREE of charge and will be open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. These will also be open to the public.
- One shower - available FREE of charge to boaters paying for berthing at Zwicker and Shipyard Wharves. Available to boaters on the mooring field for a $5:00 fee per use. Check with the marina office or call 902-521-3012 for access to the shower. A key code which changes periodically can be given.
- Laundry room, with two stackable washers and dryers available FREE of charge to boaters paying for berthing at Zwicker and Shipyard Wharves. Available to boaters on the mooring field and those berthing at other local wharves, for a $5:00 fee per use. Check with the marina office or call 902-521-3012 for access to the shower. A key code which changes periodically can be given.
- Marina Office is located in the container, facing the harbour and is open or can be reached by calling 902-521-3012.
Within the next two weeks, we should have extra power operating on both sides of Zwicker Wharf. Presently, we can supply water to boats by bringing out a water hose, however, within a few weeks water will be available on both sides of Zwicker Wharf.
Signage on Zwicker Wharf, the gangways and on the building give the Marina # and the berthing rates which are:
- under 50 ft. @ $1.50 ft. + HST per night
- over 50 ft. @ $2.00 ft. + HST per night
- 50 amp service @ $30.00 +HST per night
- 30 amp service @ $20.00
GFI plug (15 amps) @ no charge FREE daytime berthing at Zwicker and Shipyard Wharves, when space available. FREE dinghy dock use.
- PortGuide - Intro
- PortGuide 1.2 - Sailing
- PortGuide 2.1 - Entry
- PortGuide 2.2 - Emergency
- PortGuide 3.1 - Services
- PortGuide 3.2 - Anchorage
- PortGuide 3.3 - Wharves
Lunenburg Harbour Chart
- Lunenburg Marina Visitor's Guide
- 2018 Cruise Ship Schedule