- Municipal Services
Explore Lunenburg – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, National Historic District, winner of the Communities in Bloom most beautiful small town in Canada, Prettiest Painted Places in Canada, Port City of the Year and Society of American Travel Writers’ awards. Picturesque Lunenburg lies nestled along the scenic shores of southern Nova Scotia one hour from Halifax and the international airport. Experience our way of life and work amidst historic architecture, attractions and amenities. For more information, please contact us at 902-634-4410.
The Town of Lunenburg is pleased to offer the following leaf collection opportunities to assist residents with their Fall leaf clean-up:
- Leaves can be placed in your compost cart or clear bags for pick-up on scheduled “green week” collection days.
- An additional curbside leaf collection is scheduled for Friday, November 17.Leaves must be placed in your compost cart or clear bags.
- The Town of Lunenburg Public Works Department will also do a single pass leaf collection on each streetstarting in “New Town”(west of ESSO) from Monday, November 12 to Friday, November 23 and in “Old Town” (east of ESSO) from Monday, November 26 to Friday, December 7. Please ensure your leaves are placed near the edge of the street prior to the dates noted above. There will only be one collection pass per street.
Please remember not to rake leaves into gutters, ditches, or the street to prevent storm drains from clogging and slippery road conditions.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 902-634-8992 if you require any additional information.
The Town of Lunenburg Electric Utility wishes to advise customers of a scheduled power outage effecting customers east of 113 The Point Rd, Blue Rocks (113 to 261 The Point Rd and 48 Darby’s Head Rd.)
This outage will occur from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday October 25th, 2018, weather permitting.
Monday, October 22, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
UNESCO Monument (Prince Street, beside Town Hall)
In recognition of Mi'kmaq History Month and as a show of respect for the original people of this area, the Town of Lunenburg is raising the Mi'kmaq Grand Council Flag.
Please come join us for the ceremony. Reception to follow in Council Chambers.
We are so proud of our business owners and community for showing "Ocean Devotion"!
Watch the October 14, 2018 episode of "LAND AND SEA", which shows some of the efforts being made in the Town of Lunenburg and Lunenburg County to help reduce plastic waste in our ocean.
Along with the Town's new Compostable Material Use & Waste Reduction Initiative policy, we can all make a difference.
Town of Lunenburg Procedural Policy on Compostable Material Use and Waste Reduction Initiatives was passed by Lunenburg Town Council on Tuesday, October 9, 2018:
1. The Town of Lunenburg (“Town”) is committed to reducing the use of non-recyclable containers and other materials for meetings, special events and other municipal activities. This Policy establishes the process by which this will be achieved.
2. It shall be the Town’s practice whenever possible to avoid the use of non-recyclable, non-compostable containers and related items, e.g., styrofoam cups, plastic cutlery and plates, etc. at Town meetings, special events and other activities when food and/or beverages are served.