Lunenburg Town Council Meeting Digest - December 11, 2018
• Bernice Williams presented on the “Taming the Octopus” project, which aims to enhance communication and collaboration between groups that serve older adults in the region. For example, people may be unaware of a service that exists.
Lunenburg will assist the research by making their project templates available at Town Hall to the end of January. More information to come!
• In light of January 1 Federal income tax changes for municipal Councillors removing a previous tax-exempt portion to offset operating and other official costs, Council approved an equivalent increase to maintain current honourarium levels.
• Council approved the Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP) Project steering committee recommendation to award UPLAND Planning + Design as the winning Consultant to partner with the Town on development of the CCP. This plan will incorporate the Town’s land use, residential development, transportation, economic development, recreation, heritage, natural environment, culture, etc., providing a broad vision for the future of the Town.The steering committee will seek grants to reduce project costs.
See Minutes or www.explorelunenburg.ca/planning-and-development for more on the project.
• The Chief Administrative Officer provided a 2018 progress report on the implementation of the 2014 Strategic Plan. Of over 122 action items in the original plan, almost all have been completed or are ongoing, and more than 50 additional action items have been successfully completed. This is a significant achievement that Council, staff and the community can take pride in.
See Minutes or www.explorelunenburg.ca/strategic-plan for the full report.
• The monthly budget variance report included some reallocation of Electric Utility capital budget amounts to reflect actual overhead conductors and utility pole installation construction work.
The full Minutes package is available on the Town website here: https://goo.gl/HC9vDG
Thanks to those who came out!