Lunenburg Town Council Digest - January 22, 2019
• UPLAND Planning & Design presented the Lunenburg Academy Lot Development Concept Plan. Full tender documents and cost estimates have been completed per their scope of work. This phase of the Lunenburg Academy re-development is on hold until the building’s front façade exterior renovation can be addressed.
• Property Valuation Services Corporation presented on the 2019 Town of Lunenburg assessments.
• Nova Scotia Federation of Municipalities presented on issues and challenges with the property assessment “CAP” program.
• Bluenose Coastal Action Foundation presented their Lunenburg Harbour 2018 water testing project. The full report with data analysis is in the full Minutes package. Council will consider the recommendations in conjunction with the CBCL reports.
• A preliminary staff report on the Splash Pad project proposal outlined the elements under consideration to potentially have it open for summer 2020. The staff team and volunteer group are meeting on January 31st and will report further to Council on their feasibility review.
• The Budget Variance Report to November 30, 2018 was reviewed.
• Council renewed the lease of the Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance and Navy League Sea Cadets; use of Town recreational and parking facilities with the South Shore Regional Centre for Education; a sewage treatment agreement with High Liner Foods; and a license for access to a driveway on Town land on Lincoln Street.
The full Minutes package is available on the Town website here: https://bit.ly/2SGcbSN
Thanks to those who came out!