- Municipal Services
• Lunenburg County United Way presented a $750 cheque for our municipal PRO Kids program. Thank you!
• Council received a proposal for a sightseeing bus tour company with its pick-up location in the Town from Nancy Rogers. Staff were asked to prepare a report on the proposed business and what would need to be done to accommodate it.
• General Government: A list of recommended community grants was submitted for consideration.
• Corporate Services: The review of the Draft 2019/20 Town Budget continued.
Council approved a recommended application to Provincial Beautification and Streetscape funding in order to refurbish wooden Town welcome signs and complete the Broad Street Boat Launch site.
Council pre-approved purchase of an auxiliary pump for the Brook Street Overflow Prevention Equipment Capital Budget.
Council approved a recommended application to the Provincial Capital Assistance Program for the Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade pre-design engineering work.
• Lunenburg Academy: Council requested a staff report on the Future Use Business Plan 2.0.
The full Minutes package is available on the Town website here: http://bit.ly/2MQOy7N
Thanks to those who came out!