Town Council Meeting - January 15, 2019
Published: January 11, 2019, 4:20 pm
The next Council Meeting is Tuesday, January 15 at 12:00 p.m. The public is welcome!
Highlights of the Agenda:
• Draft Wastewater Treatment Plant & Collection System Study Report from Dave Trudel and Sarah Ensslin, CBCL Engineering.
The full Agenda package, including supporting documents, is on the Town website here.
Town Council Meeting Digest - January 8, 2019
Published: January 11, 2019, 3:07 pm
• South Shore Public Libraries Board: The move of the Lunenburg Library to Lunenburg Academy has changed library service in the Town. Library circulation, visits, programs and attendance have all gone up significantly since the move – and new memberships are up 205.6%!
• Splash Pad Proposal: A large group attended to support the Lunenburg Community Development Group’s detailed proposal to convert the 250th Anniversary Park to a water park. Council was positive about the proposal and asked Town staff to provide a feasibility study.
Read more ...
Lunenburg's Provincial Volunteer Representative
Published: January 2, 2019, 2:52 pm
Do you know someone who lives in the Town of Lunenburg that deserves recognition for their outstanding volunteering?
Each year, every municipality in Nova Scotia nominates an individual from their community to represent volunteers in that community at the Provincial Volunteer Awards ceremony in Halifax on April 1, 2019.
You are encouraged to nominate a worthy Lunenburg representative for this year’s award! The nomination form can be downloaded
. For more information, please contact the Recreation Director at
The deadline for nominations is: January 31, 2019.
2018 Long Service Awards
Published: December 21, 2018, 4:05 pm
The Town of Lunenburg recognizes the long service of its talented staff in 2018:
- Brian Church, Public Works Department - 35 Years Service
- Malcolm Smith, Recreation Department - 35 Years Service
- Craig Croft, Public Works Department - 15 Years Service
- John Lohnes, Public Works Department - 10 Years Service
Thank you for your dedicated services to the community!
Town of Lunenburg - Winter Parking Advisory
Published: December 20, 2018, 9:35 am
Please help us keep Town streets free of ice and snow by ensuring your vehicle is parked off-street during winter storm and snow removal operations. The Public Works Department can do the job more efficiently if your vehicles are not left on the street during this time.
Read more ...
Strategic Plan Status Report 2016-2018
Published: December 17, 2018, 2:12 pm
A Strategic Plan was developed in Spring 2014. This report addresses progress from Fall 2016 (election of current Council) to Fall 2018.
It's a good glimpse into the big picture work Council and staff do, alongside day-to-day tasks.
For the progress report and the Strategic Plan itself, please visit this page: www.explorelunenburg.ca/strategic-plan
Read more ...