Town of Lunenburg: COVID-19 Preventative Closures
Monday, March 16, 2020 – Following Sunday’s Provincial update on preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the following public closures are in place in the Town of Lunenburg, effective end of business today (March 16). Our current plan is to re-open April 6; however, we will be re-assessing as necessary:
- Town Council and Committee meetings are suspended until further notice, including public hearings.
- Any in-person engagement events have been cancelled, including Town events, workshops, and Project Lunenburg.
- All Lunenburg Recreation facilities – Community Centre and Arena – programs, and rentals are suspended.
- Building inspections will be prioritized and completed during the closure, if possible. If you have an urgent building inspection matter, please call 902-541-1325 for more information.
- The Lunenburg Library at the Lunenburg Academy will be closed to the public.
For restrictions throughout the Province of Nova Scotia, including schools, daycares, hospitals, and long-term care facilities, please visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus.
Travel and self-isolation requirements:
- The Province of Nova Scotia, under the authority of the Health Protection Act, is requiring anyone who has travelled outside Canada or, as of March 23rd, even outside the Province to self-isolate for 14 days upon return, even if you are symptom-free.
- The Government of Canada has issued a travel advisory asking Canadians to avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice.
Residents are encouraged to stay informed by visiting the following reliable sources of public health information:
This is a unique global health crisis, and it is important that we have consideration for the most vulnerable amongst us. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Lunenburg Town Council & Staff